Scott has one of the longest work histories at Popham Law Firm. He became partner at the firm in 1987. Today, he enjoys working with his son Cooper Mach.
Scott W. Mach was born in Manhattan, Kansas and graduated with a degree in journalism from Kansas State University. He was a four-year varsity letterman on the Kansas State Baseball Team where he still ranks in the top five in career wins as a pitcher. He graduated from the University of Kansas Law School in 1981 and went directly to work The Popham Law Firm, where he became a partner in 1987.
Scott has tried more than fifty jury trials recording two verdicts in excess of $2 million each. One of these cases was a personal injury case and the other, a business litigation case. Other reported cases include:
- Stacy v. Truman Medical Center, 836 S.W. 2d 911 (Mo Banc 1992)
- Neufeld v. Searle Laboratories, 884 F. 2d 335 (8th Cir. 1989)
- Iqbal v. Golf Course Supts. Assn., 900 Fd. 277 (10th Cir. 1990)
- Morrow v. City of Kansas City, 788 S.W. 2d 278 (Mo Banc 1988)
- Schreibman v. Zanetti, 909 S.W. 2d 692 (Mo App., 1995)
Mr. Mach is recognized by his peers in the legal community with Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating of “AV”. This rating indicates very high to preeminent legal ability, and very high ethical standards, established by confidential opinions from member of the Bar. He has also been recognized as the Consumer’s Guide’s “Best Lawyer in America” and the Kansas-Missouri “Super Lawyers.”